Salmon with Jamberry Sriracha
Recipe by Kelly Schexnaildre
Kelly Schexnaildre is the president and founder of Merfs Condiments, as well as the founder and wellness coach at Primal Womxn Nutrition and Wellness, a food and lifestyle consulting business in Denver. While we appreciate the latter aspect of Kelly’s businesses, it’s the hots sauces and condiments that have us drooling. After all, what goes better with meat than a balanced sauce. Kelly shared this recipe with us and we think it’s a great way to utilize the wonderful wild-caught sockeye salmon we get from Alaska Direct.
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 salmon fillets, 6-ounces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red raspberry preserves
1 tablespoon Merfs Jamberry Sriracha
1 tablespoon honey
1. Combine paprika, salt and pepper and sprinkle over salmon. Drizzle with oil.
2. If using the grill, heat to medium heat. If using the oven, turn on broiler.
3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and, using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack.
4. Grill, covered, over medium-heat or broil four inches from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the preserves, Jamberry sriracha, vinegar and honey.
6. Spoon sauce over finished fillets.